Our uniform is a badge of pride, creating a sense of belonging in our Academy community. This means that we set high standards with the full support of parents and carers. We expect uniform to be worn correctly, smartly and respectfully.
It is a Rockwood Academy policy for all children to wear their uniform during the Academy day and during Academy events. Teachers, Form Tutors, Heads of Year, Year Group Coordinators and the Senior Team regularly check that students look smart and are wearing the correct uniform.
Students are expected to be smart at all times:
- Shirts must be tucked in neatly
- Ties should be worn at a reasonable length
- Smart shoes should be worn – no trainers, pumps or boots
- Skirts and trousers must be an appropriate length, colour and fit – not jersey material
- All trainers, hats, and scarves must be removed when entering the school building
- When wearing PE kit, blazers are worn over it
- Plain navy blue blazer with an embroidered school badge
- Light blue shirt
- School tie
- Grey V-necked jumper (optional)
- Plain grey trousers/skirt
- Plain black socks (no trainer socks) or opaque black tights
- Plain black low-heeled shoes
- Navy blue head scarf (optional)
- Baseball caps are not allowed.
- Academy bags should be big enough for students to carry books, to and from the Academy. Handbags are not allowed.
- Navy and light blue collar polo shirt
- Matching shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Navy blue socks
- Moulded (no metal studs allowed) or rubber blade football boots
The Academy reserves the right to send home any student whose uniform does not conform to these standards. Branded school items are available from the following suppliers:
Students can wear the following jewellery in school:
- One pair of plain studs
- One watch
- Any additional items of jewellery or clothing worn for religious reasons should be discussed with the Pastoral Leaders at the Academy, but reasonable requests will not be refused
- Nose studs should be very small and discreet.
At Rockwood Academy, we value and celebrate individuality and identity. We are proud to have adopted the Halo Code: https://halocollective.co.uk/halo-school. However, shaved patterns and unnatural hair colours are not permitted. If in any doubt, please contact your child’s Year Group Co-ordinator for support.
We expect every student to be prepared for every school day. Please ensure you have the basic items and equipment for every lesson:
- Pencil Case
- Student Planner
In order to keep books, equipment and PE kit neat and safe, students should have a suitable bag to carry their belongings. We recommend a sturdy backpack, with a secure fastening, which has their name clearly labelled.
Students will be given an exercise book or folder for each subject. If the student loses or willingly damages any equipment provided for them, they will be expected to pay for a replacement.