- If remote learning is necessary, we will provide links on this page.
- Extra resources can be found on: Curriculum – Curriculum (continuityoak.org.uk)
We teach the same curriculum remotely as we do in school. In addition, the online learning timetable will also include a live workouts led by our PE Teachers. We believe this is important to ensure all pupils are given proper exercise. We strongly encourage all parents to take part in the live workout sessions too.
We expect that remote education (including remote teaching and independent work) will take pupils broadly 5 hours and 15 minutes per day.
Pupils can access this platform using:
- Smart TV
Each pupil login will have access to Office 365; Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc. Most work set within online lessons will be completed using the Office packages. If a pupil is unable to access a device or the Office packages, paper based work will be provided and a home learning book to complete the work.
We take the following approaches to support those pupils to access remote education.
We recognise that some pupils may not have suitable online access at home. We take the following approaches to support those pupils to access remote education.
All pupils that do not have a device or internet access at home can contact us and we will do our best to provide a device. This will be prioritised in the first instance for examination year groups and SEND pupils, this will be coordinated by Mr. Hetherington, Assistant Headteacher. If you feel you require support, please contact reception.
Students who do not yet have access will be given printed information that can either be collected or posted home (please be aware that if it is posted then this may cause a delay in specific learning time).
For example, whole-class feedback or quizzes marked automatically via Teams and other digital platforms are also valid and effective methods, amongst many others.
Our approach to feeding back on pupil work is as follows:
- During live online lessons pupils will have the opportunity for immediate oral feedback and have the opportunity to respond through their own questions or responses to questions, just like they do in the normal school environment. Not every piece of work is formally assessed or receives feedback, but all pieces returned are used by the teacher to plan future teaching.
- Activities, assignments and quizzes will be set on a regular basis to keep track of knowledge and understanding, and progress being made.
- When feedback has been given electronically, it is expected that pupils respond to this feedback to inform the subject teacher of their knowledge and understanding.
- Automatic marking of some tasks will also be collated and the results of this will reflect immediate feedback for each pupil.
- Sometimes, we will ask students to take tests in test conditions. We ask you to encourage students to stick to this, as we need accurate information on what students have learnt. This allows us to adapt our teaching to support those who do not yet understand the work.
Students should continue to reach out to teachers for help and clarifications in their usual way of communicating with their teacher. Counselling support and learning support provision will continue.
We recognise that some pupils, for example some with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home.
We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families and we will work with parents and carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
If you have a student who is on our SEND register, they will have a member of the welfare team who will be in regular personal contact.
Work for these students will be suitably adapted by class teachers.
SEND students who do not have the resources at home to access materials online will be prioritised when we loan out devices for school use.
Students who receive additional support for EAL or Learning Support, will continue to do so. Each student’s provision is student specific. Please reach out to the SEND Team for any queries.