We aim to develop insight, knowledge, concepts and skills through the study of mathematics, which will enable students to function effectively in modern society.
Students will learn how to tackle difficult mathematical dilemmas, think logically and apply a number of theories to different scenarios.
- To develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- To acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
- To reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- To comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
- Mr A Badmos – Head of Department
- Mrs B Rai – Second in department
- Miss M Darr – KS3 Coordinator
- Mr A Das – Teacher of Mathematics
- Mr N Zaman – Teacher of Mathematics
- Mr M Haroon – Teacher of Mathematics
- Miss O Kara – Teacher of Mathematics
Mathematics Learning Journey
Key Stage 3 & 4
Exam Code: 1MA1
100% Exam consisting of 3 papers (1 Non-Calculator and 2 Calculator papers)
Foundation – Grade 1-5
Higher – Grade 4-9